It feels sacrilegious that I’m writing our weekend wrap-up on Sunday morning, but that’s sort of how the whole weekend has felt. We had an awesome dinner with friends on Friday night, but Jason and his mom have had to spend the entire weekend (and nearly every weekend this summer) out at his father’s house preparing it for sale (we’re under contract!), which has made for a weekend that, frankly, feels a lot like the middle of the week. I’m not complaining, but it has lent a different feel to the days, particularly since A loves her Daddy so much.
We did sneak in a lovely dinner last night (pizza on the grill) and a quiet early evening together before A woke up for an hour. When she did finally go down, she slept through the night for the second time ever, so this Mama’s keeping her fingers crossed that it happens again.
Since the summer is slipping away so quickly, I wanted a quick list of things that I’m hoping to accomplish this week. Not having to drive into work should definitely help with the getting things done, but it’s also that time of the summer where I usually start devoting my mornings to lesson planning again, so we’ll see how it all goes.
- Put away A’s Swing. She hasn’t used it in more than a month, but it’s still set up in her bedroom and taking up a TON of space. We’re thinking #2 needs to wait a year or two, so it’s definitely not something I want under foot until then.
- Re-cord the living room entertainment system. There are so many wires behind our bookshelves, and A has taken to trying to get them. I also need to figure out some kind of charging station for the laptop because the old cord across the living room floor to the coffee table is an accident waiting to happen.
- Wash the kitchen floor. Seriously. Scrub it on hands and knees. Because if A isn’t crawling on it, she’s licking it like her best friend, Abby the Dog.
- Find a solution to the mail on the kitchen table nightmare. So much mail. So little organization. I’m thinking some sort of organizer I can hide away in my kitchen closet. Ditto for a purse hanger. I need somewhere other than the floor to set my handbag when I come in.
- Put together Katie’s Bridal Shower gift – I’ll share this one with you after her shower on August 2.
- I doubt I’ll get to it this week, but I bought 15 yards of fabric in April, and my living room still has the ugly Roman shades that have been up since… Jason bought the house ten years ago.
- Finish Week Three of T25 – Weeks 1 & 2 are complete.
- Keep harvesting peas. Yesterday, I picked, shucked, prepared and froze two quarts. All during nap time. I’m hoping to do a Preserving the Harvest blog post on how to freeze peas that taste sweet and fresh all year long.